6fusion Introduces Free Cloud Resource Meter for VMware® vSphere
Free tool lets enterprises and service providers simply and easily utility meter any VMware-based virtualization environment
Las Vegas, NV – February 13, 2012 — 6fusion, a provider of utility-metered public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructure management software and services, today announced it will be previewing its free 6fusion Cloud Resource Meter for VMware® vSphere at the VMware Partner Exchange (booth #504) and Santa Clara Cloud Connect (booth #910).
Tweet this: Free 6fusion #VMware Cloud Resource Meter – enterprises can utility meter any VMware environment http://bit.ly/yhE8xP #PEX2012 #ccevent #cloud
Understanding how many computing resources are being used (and by whom) is essential in infrastructure planning, upgrade planning and cost allocation or chargeback. 6fusion’s patent pending metering algorithm, the Workload Allocation Cube (WAC), normalizes the way cloud infrastructure is metered both for suppliers and consumers. The UC6 web based console federates private data center and third party cloud operators, providing a single console to allow IT organizations of all types to access, meter, manage and optimize hybrid cloud infrastructures.
The Cloud Resource Meter will be available for download on the VMware® Solution Exchange and 6fusion’s web site upon final release. To pre-register for the tool, visit http://bit.ly/yhE8xP.
Cloud Resource Meter enables enterprises to:
- Accurately gauge the costs of running in the cloud before deployment and bill (or charge back) internal departments or customers for use of compute resources.
- Efficiently allocate compute resources: determine optimal hardware requirements (and/or efficiency) for new and existing projects in public or private clouds.
- Generate real time and historical workload meter reports of compute resource consumption: allowing for efficiency checks and any necessary administrative adjustments.
- Effectively build the business case for migrating to the cloud by comparing current costs with cloud hosting service offerings.
Key Cloud Resource Meter features and functionality:
- Deployed as a VMware® vApp, installs in VMware® vSphere 4.x environment in minutes.
- Meter any workload running on either physical or virtual servers (including web applications or traditional client/server applications).
- Access “real time” WAC consumption information for the entire system (any vSphere grouping of VMs or for each VM in the infrastructure).
- Cloud Resource Meter data is available in real time through the vSphere Client interface (along with short-term historical data).
- Log into 6usion’s UC6 web based console to access longer-term data as well as run and export reports.
- Leverage UC6 console to view what is being metered versus what is running live in the cloud.
“6fusion is directly addressing the industry’s evolution toward the consumption based pricing model, which VMware CEO Paul Maritz affirmed during VMworld in Copenhagen last October,” said John Abbott, chief analyst at 451 Research. “The Cloud Resource Meter seeks to answer one of the industry’s biggest questions: how much does cloud computing really cost?”
6fusion Executive Quote
“6fusion’s vision is to create the first truly global utility for cloud computing,” said John Cowan, 6fusion co-founder and CEO. “Our new Cloud Meter for VMware vSphere makes it possible for enterprise customers to easily understand and compare the cost of running workloads internally or in the cloud regardless of country or region of the world.”
To pre-register to download the Cloud Resource Meter, visit http://bit.ly/yhE8xP.
6fusion provides an end-to-end cloud management platform that enables global workload distribution by turning the public and private cloud into a pay-per-use billable utility. The unique metering algorithm, Workload Allocation Cube (WAC), creates a commercial standard to quantify supply and demand for compute resources.
For IT service providers, enterprises and independent software vendors, and Infrastructure Owners/Operators, 6fusion simplifies and streamlines Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) via a single console that provides valuable insight into consumption, performance benchmarking and cost allocation without vendor lock-in.
RSS feed: http://www.6fusion.com/feed/
6fusion media contact: